Friday 30 November 2012

Our Nature



 The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: 
if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”  - Carl Jung

As porous creatures, each of us an assemblage of over one hundred trillion cells, it is in our nature to be affected, to affect and to respond. 

I remind myself that some days will pass by with moments well oiled, and comfortable ~ hours spent invested in familiar ways of being. And I remind myself that in everyone's lifetime there are moments where routine dissolves and something new and unfamiliar materializes in it's place ~ bringing about change. 

And although not all of life's occurrences are of my choosing, I do get to determine my actions- how I affect and how I respond when I am affected by the unforeseen. 

I can choose to stand firm, resist change and be reactionary or I can choose to acknowledge, soften, and be vulnerable. I can choose to reach within and without to the Creator, to family, friends and mentors. There is potency in genuinely caring communities that walk with us in times of struggle. Pods of caring people are northern stars on uncharted seas offering a safe harbour of compassion and a broader scope of vision when our sight is affected and clouded over by our struggle with change. Their faith in us, a compass that guides us toward our inner courage and light through change.

~ aware and alive in our responses ~
~ aware and alive in our fear and pain ~
~ aware and alive in courage and hope for tomorrow ~






No comments:

Post a Comment