Sunday 10 February 2013

Absolvi (latin - to absolve)

I will swallow whole: the heads, the tails and guts of all offenses committed upon me and those committed upon others, by me.

I will absorb the energy of these dark offenses; the poison, the pain, the betrayal, the shame, the hurt, the fury, the fear, the indifference.


I will gather heavy chains that I forged in order to carry dark offenses with me and I will free myself and all the others I had shackled to them.

I will allow those offenses, those dark pages of my story, their rightful place in my history.

I will build each offense their own tomb in my bones and marrow. Every last weighty moment lived, will have its own burial site and marker.



I will lay flowers on those graves and walk away ~ head high ~ eyes clear ~ heart open ~

I will allow them to rest in peace and stop dragging what has already been written to clean pages.

I will secure the future's clean and unsoiled pages for new parables and legends.

I will put away the widow's blacks and veil and wholly reconnect with the living, mindful of my many blessings and my need to bless.

I will remind myself daily of the importance of remaining curious and alive to reason and choice with complete focus of head, heart, body and soul.

I will enter into a new and untouched land  ~ My own "State" of grace ~

And I will reign sovereign over my own life with soft step, wise eye, love and reverence.





1 comment:


  1. Cranial bones)
    frontal (forehead and eyes)
    Parietal (most of the top and side of skull)
    Occipital (back and most of the base of the skull)
    Temporal (lower sides of skull)
    Sphenoid (mid skull)
    Ethnois (forms part of nose)
    Ear ossicles - malleus, incus and stapes (found in middle ear cavity)

    Facial bones
    Mandible (lower jaw)
    Maxilla (upper jaw, parts of hard palate of mouth, orbits and nasal cavity)
    Zygomatic (cheeks)
    Nasal (bridge of nose)
    Lacrimal (inner part of eye)
    Palatine (hard palate of mouth)
    Vomer (part of nasal septum)
    Inferior nasal concha (side walls of nasal cavity

    The Spine
    7 Cervical vertebrae (neck)
    12 thoracic vertebrae (mid spine/chest area)
    5 lumbar vertebrae (lower back)
    Sacrum (5 vertebrae fused together)
    Coccyx (4 vertebrae fused together)

    Thorax (chest)
    sternum (breast bone) made from fusion of 3 bones: the manubrium, body and the xiphoid process
    12 pairs of ribs:
    1-7 are true ribs (attached directly to sternum by cartilage)
    8-12 are false ribs (either attach directly to sternum or not at all)

    Shoulder
    Clavicles (collar bones)
    Scapula (shoulder blades)

    Arms
    Humerus (upper arm)
    Ulna (elbow and inner forearm)
    Radius (outer forearm)

    Hands
    carpus (wrist) - a group of 8 small bones called carpals:
    Scaphoid
    Lunate
    triquetral
    pisiform
    Trapezium
    trapezoid
    Capitate
    Hamate

    Metacarpus (palm)
    5 small bones called metacarpals not named but numbered 1-5 from thumb to little finger (heads of the metacarpals form the knuckles)

    Phalanges (fingers)
    Numbered 1-5 starting with the thumb, each finger has 3 phalanges - distal, middle and proximal. The thumb only has two (no middle)

    Pelvic Girdle (hips)
    Coxal bones (hip bones) consists of 3 fused bones (seperate in children):
    ilium
    ischium
    pubis

    Legs
    Femur (thigh)
    Tibia (shin bone)
    Fibula (outer lower leg)

    Feet
    Tarsus - made up of 7 tarsal bones:
    Talus
    Calcaneus (heel bone)
    Cuboid
    Navicular
    Medial Cuneiform
    Intermediate Cuneiform
    Lateral Cuneiform

    Metatarsus
    Formed of 5 metatarsal bones numbered 1-5 beginning on big toe side of foot\

    Phalanges (toes)
    14 phalanges of toes (2 in big toe, 3 in other toes)

    ReplyDelete